Monday, October 18, 2010

Hello, Goodbye, and Hello?

Dear Blogging World,

Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye? ~Author Unknown.
I haven't found the answer yet... However, I have enjoyed the company of so many dear friends this past week, that I hate to hear the dreaded word "goodbye".

Where is the good in goodbye? ~Meredith Willson, The Music Man

This morning's sermon dwelt on hello's and goodbye's, but not just the average hello and goodbye that visits allow. Instead, these goodbye's could be entitled "the final farewell".

Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life. ~Jean Paul Richter

Time is so precious. It is the most valuable possession we shall ever have, because no matter how hard we work, we can never earn any more time for our life.

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will. ~Author Unknown

The best things said come last. People will talk for hours saying nothing much and then linger at the door with words that come with a rush from the heart. ~Alan Alda

You're searching...
For things that don't exist; I mean beginnings.
Ends and beginnings - there are no such things.
There are only middles.
~Robert Frost,
Mountain Interval, "In the Home Stretch"

A man never knows how to say goodbye; a woman never knows when to say it. ~Helen Rowland

Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave. ~A.A. Milne

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

  1. I like the last two a lot. "Parting" with someone you love is always so hard, but I think the random moments where you miss their smile or laugh or corny jokes, during the "getting along without them" period, are harder...

    ReplyDelete