Thursday, September 30, 2010

On names, friendship, and cookies, part deux

Friendship is the same as a name, in my book. Someone has said, "The best mirror is your best friend." With whom do you spend most of your time[voluntarily]? With whom do they spend their time, when not with you? What are their likes and dislikes? Why? What is the common bond between you? In those questions, you can find what you value most.

So, I promised a radio station I would make them some cookies and bring them this weekend. Ive been dying to try out a new recipe, and thought it would be cool. Bad idea. Ive made 3 different batches of the cookies, and they all spread out WAYY too far. As in, you can't tell what shape they were supposed to be they look so terrible. So I thought I should make them thinner. This helped, but not as much as I had hoped. Now, they are paper-thin cookies that sort of, kind of, if you squint hard enough resemble ice cream cones. I am disappointed, to say the least. They do taste great, though :)

Hopefully, through all the madness of today, I will have a chance to bake the rest of them and decorate before tomorrow. I have to work in the morning, so I will have to take them to the radio station as soon as I get off work. Any suggestions on how to make the dough stay...shaped?

Sincerely,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment